Oversees all culinary aspects of banquet and catering functions in conjunction with the executive chef.
* Plan and oversee day-to-day banquet culinary operations and give direction to associates * Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events * Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards * Follow all safety and sanitation policies * Contribute to maximizing the overall departmental profit * Control and analyze the quality levels of production and presentation, guest satisfaction, merchandising and marketing, operation/payroll/food costs, sanitation, and cleanliness and hygiene * Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting coaching & counseling, conducting evaluations, training, scheduling, assigning work, and delivering recognition and reward * Participate in the development of the kitchen’s business strategies * Supervise daily setup for menu, anticipate business volume, and adjust work areas/schedules accordingly * Manage time effectively and efficiently * Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationship * Additional duties as assigned
* Knowledge of culinary skills and operation * Computer literate * Interpersonal and problem solving abilities * Ability to work cohesively as part of a team * Written and oral communication skills * Ability to train culinary staff
* 1-2 years as a Sous Chef * College degree or equivalent degree from a recognized culinary institute preferred * Previous hospitality experience required
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds * Must be able to lift frequently loads up to 30 pounds * Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time * Constant walking throughout shift * Must be able to talk, hear, and taste
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision * Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance * Employee Assistance Program (EAP) * 401(k) * Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick * Tuition Reimbursement * Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 2560
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!