* To take complete ownership and accountability of an event from the planning and preparation phases, through to the successful execution and tear down of the event and on to the post-con stages.
* To take an ownership, "stewardship" position within the department and hotel to ensure operational excellence.
* To know, comply with, and enforce all hotel and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
* To assist in the writing of additional standards, policies and procedures for the department.
* To keep the entire department clean & organized at all times.
* To promote and support effective departmental and hotel communication through the use of phones, voice-mail, radios, copiers, written correspondence and verbal communication.
* To promote, and maintain effective, confidential, secure record keeping, as well as associate and guest info.
* Maintain complete knowledge of proper forecasting and scheduling as well as complete, accurate and timely payroll procedures.
* Maintain complete working knowledge of : CI and accounts receivable systems and procedures; scheduled in-house group names and information; order of service and traffic flow in an event area; correct use and maintenance of equipment; all departmental standards and service procedures; prices of specified selections of cash functions.
* Prepare consumption forms in advance for all necessary event orders to ensure accurate billing.
* Attends, participates or leads all meetings as prescribed by the Banquet Manager.
* Maintains accurate, up to date information on the Event Orders.
* Assist in the completion of "BEO Packets", time change notification of staff, making of all necessary copies and posting all necessary sheets or communications.
* Assists in the copying, posting and distributing of "Dailies."
* Maintains complete and accurate information in the accordion file according to standards.
* Ensure all buffet and product signs are created for all events.
* Delegates specific primary duties and side duties to respective staff members and follows up with coaching, praise or guidance.
* Stays abreast of current trends in order to provide the most up to date products and services.