Area Sales Manager
The hotel’s sales team is primarily responsible for securing group and volume business into the property. As a vital function of the hotel, White Lodging Sales Managers ensure that the hotel meets its financial goals. To build a successful career in this field, you should embrace the sales call process, be driven, confident, and focused on building great relationships. The Sales Manager position within White Lodging properties are designed specifically for those passionate individuals who aspire to grow and develop a career in hospitality sales.
Solicit, confirm and coordinate Special Corporate and Group sales. Handle customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g., Selected Service/Extended Stay, 10-99 peak room nights based upon property). Respond in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within predefined Group Sales parameters. Work with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Important Daily/weekly tasks include but are not limited to:
* Proactive Sales - Seek out new business that would otherwise not utilize the hotel if not for your direct efforts.
* Action Plans/Problem solving- Working with management & sales team to identify issues of revenue generation then execute strategy over a specific period of time.
* Relationship building- Developing an association or connection with potential clients in order to secure long term business.
* Accountability- Communicating actions & recording activities in order to measure efforts, implement successful strategies, and reward accomplishments.
* Analysis Skills
* Strategic skills
* Conceptual ability
* Team player, etc.
* Ambition and Drive
* Communication Skills
* Converting Strategy to Tactics
* Develop Talent
* Emotional Composure
* Generate Revenue
* Influencing others
* Inspire followership
* Problem Solving
* Select and Recruit Talent, etc.
* High school diploma or GED
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
* 1 year experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Paid Time Off to include Vacation, Holidays, & Sick
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 3800
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 3800691P6146