The Accounting Supervisor will support the General Manager in completing the required accounting tasks per the White Lodging Best Practices, audit and control, financial analysis, working capital, and cash controls.
* Assists the General Manager in maintaining a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks.
* Accounts receivable billing and posting of check register payments.
* Responds to credit card chargebacks.
* Frequent review and follow-up on both the Guest Ledger and City Ledger.
* Accounts Payable invoice routing to department managers.
* Reviews audit issues and makes corrections as necessary.
* Ensures tax rates used for sales/use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued. Documents tax exempt transactions.
* Ensures hotel permits, licenses and if applicable vendor contracts are current.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Here is where you would list competencies for the job. The competencies will come from the list of 50 used in Top Grading. If you would like to begin entering competencies here you may. However, it is not required at this time.
* Understanding of hotel accounting processes including AP, AR, GL, and cash.
* Understanding of Front office accounting processes including PMS, POS, Guest Ledger, and Audit.
* Understanding of Accounting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Internal Control Best Practices.
* Strong analytical abilities.
* An intermediate ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
* Strong skills in problem solving, and organization.
* High school degree required.
* Prior accounting experience is preferred.
Here is where we will list the working conditions for the job (sitting at a desk for 8 hours, lifting 25 pounds, etc.). Risk Management will vet the Working Conditions. However, you are welcome to enter any you are aware of.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 1300
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 1300701H7508